Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:
“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”
When the press turned his way, he then added:
“I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.”
Alex Ovechkin is so hot that he’s scoring on his backhand. That’s been a problem because of his wicked curve. Did Capitals head coach Adam Oates, a notorious tinkerer of players’ sticks, ask Ovechkin to change his? “No,” was the answer.
Oates and Ovi: Movie Date!
“The first couple games I didn’t feel comfortable and then I go back to left wing,” Ovechkin said of his early frustrations. “Then I watch a movie with [Adam] Oates and he just said the time is there. You just have to get used to it and talk to your linemates.”
— CSN Washington’s Chuck Gormley
Let’s pretend for a moment that they weren’t just watching game video. What movies should Adam Oates and Alex Ovechkin watch together?
- Lethal Weapon (Oates is too old for this s#!%)
- K-19: The Widowmaker (Ovi makes fun of Harrison Ford as a Russian)
- Air Force One (Movie makes fun of all Russians as Russians)
- La Dolce Vita (Never seen this, but needed an art film on the list)
- 13 Going on 30 (because Jennifer Garner your argument is invalid)
What do you think?
The Capitals should be vastly improved because Dale Hunter is no longer head coach.